Tuesday 29 September 2020

Spiritual Reconciliation

 

It is with

Deep sorrow 

Along with

Profound humility

That I 

Offer 

Ask 

Forgiveness

To & of 

Myself

I'm

Sorry

You 

Were 

Made

To carry

Shame

That wasn't yours

That

Due to 

The criticism

And humiliation

Of

Others

You

Were 

Believed 

To be

Flawed

Unloveable

Unwanted


Shamed

Through

Physical abuse

Spiritual abuse

Emotional abuse

Did 

What I needed

To 

Do 

To survive

You were

Left abandoned 

Alone

First 

and 

Foremost

By me

I'm 

Here

To listen

To cherish

You

To 

Give 

My life

To 

The authentic

Call 

Of 

Your voice

And

To 

Stand 

With you

As 

You

In service

Renounce

All

That misaligns

Dogmatic agendas

Social agreements

Gender expectations

The 

Will of

The Creator

Cannot

Be located

In 

Societal mores

And

Misguided values

Promise

To 

Discontinue

Your

Forced oppression

Through 

Compliance

In order

To 

Appease

My false

Gods

And

Illusions

of

Security

Wish to 

Bring 

You 

Home 

To 

Love

And 

Anchor 

You 

In 

A home

Of

Love 

For you 

And 

Of you

I love

Your

Courage

Tenancity

Ingenuity

Creativity

Curiosity

Sensitivity

Insight

Wisdom

Strength

Love you 

Dear Heart

With 

All 

My heart

Now

Forever

Am 

With you

Always


R. O'Neill (September 29, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment