Wednesday 1 May 2013

Call to (Open) Arms


Can you be in love, with me?
Not are you, or will you?
Would you meet me there?
I ask not that you move closer
Can you be present from where you are?
Proximity may yield closeness
Though can too, echo the hollow resonance of loneliness.
A soul longs to be discovered and known
Will you walk with me in the shadows?
I dare to look beyond the wall,
Where vast treasure resides.
The tyranny of survival
Thriving authenticity denied
Will you hold steadfast
As I reveal for myself,
That which I’ve been unwilling to love?
How quickly infinite love
Suffers stifling limitation
Innate worthiness
Then overshadowed by doubt
Can you patiently await the truth?
Rather than judge or uphold a story
Yours or mine
Will you witness and celebrate?
Find victory in defeat
This is my call to love
Contained therein
I am responsible
To create a world
Where friendship flourishes
Honesty prevails
Dreams are held
In reverence
In this moment
We hold the delicate fibers
Of the most exquisite embryonic memory
When I fall (and I will)
Remind me how and for what, I stand








No comments:

Post a Comment