Wednesday 1 February 2017

"Space" the Final Frontier..

Yesterday marked an epic day of roaming while still in Cork, Ireland. For those that have been following the “a picture’s worth a thousand words” version, first of all, that expression cut’s me deeply….

But seriously now…

That expression cuts me deeply….

Just the same, there is a pictorial accounting for my long and winding road…. However, they are at present, in technological cyber-limbo. Previously, without a comprehensive understanding, when I paired my phone with my laptop, I guess, the pictures transferred to “drop-box” where it was easy enough to upload them (that conclusion is affirmed, by the fact you saw pictures) ….

Well “Drop-box” and (cue the maniacal cello playing and organ crescendos) ICloud – have both been giving me frequent reminders that I’m “nearly out of space….” How is that even possible?

Infinite feckin’ universe and apparently my picture collection threatens to consume all of it! If you’re feeling a little claustrophobic lately, well; I’m responsible! Anytime now, my pictures will just sashay right on over your way and displace you. I had no idea! I’ll try and make it right. I’ll see can I reign ‘em back in, but truly, I’m not sure whether,  the tipping point has arrived!

Of course, “the space” we are talking about here; is some technological convention, that has created quantifiable space, in order to sell ya some! So if you’re willing to venture forth, and not go mad with that camera – they can hook you up with some “free space” for your treasured memorabilia. However, though capitalism is in part based on the premise of unlimited growth and production (& subsequent consumption) when it comes to infinite space – well my friend, you must realize – it’s LIMITED, though this can once again be expanded, but it’s going to cost ya!

After doing my “due diligence,” it seemed I could more economically expand my limits on the limitless; for a smaller monthly cost through “the cloud,” than “drop-box.” So now I’m leasing me some space, in the “cloud.” I suppose it’s come time, to pay the piper. There certainly have been those, that have quite adamantly insisted … “you can’t keep your head in the clouds!”

Whomever you may be, I assert, “I can now!” I just leased some space up there. You can’t hardly begrudge me popping by every now and again to check on things; I’ve a vested interest there now, I can’t just let the cloud, fall into disrepair. So then, I can keep my head in the cloud, it just depends on how much space I intend to occupy!

So having done my comparative assessment and was satisfied with my decision as to which subdivision of infinite space I was to reside in –  I hit, “send” “purchase” “sucker” (whatever it was and pulled the trigger on the completion of the transaction…) Perhaps another blog post might examine whom I was “doing business” with? Exactly who proclaims themselves “Spacelord” /property manager – and holds the lease on my piece of (lest we forget, this is way bigger than a “piece of the rock” I’m talking about the stuff that holds all the rocks and now, my picture collection). Of course I’m curious now, if I should decide to put my pictures on/in some other medium; that would mean my piece of the infinite is then empty. So what else can I put in there? It’s “mine” after all – isn’t it? I can’t just leave it empty. How long is it going to be, before someone wandering through infinity; happens by and seeing this gaping space …. in space, next thing you know, they get the idea, they can put their stuff there. Maybe that’s how the “Cloud” people are able to offer the initial “free space?” It actually belongs to someone else. Shrewdly, Cloud management Inc. dole out that empty space to the new guy (while continuing to collect from the previous occupant). By the time they figure out something for their “empty space,” the guy on the free intro plan, has accumulated enough stuff, he now has to lease some space. The original owner/occupant resumes habituating his space and right about then; if you happen to be circling the block looking for a parking “space,” look no more, one is opening now…. (and you thought you had a “parking angel…”)

I submit a great many unsolved phenomena might well be explained herein. Consider those socks mysteriously vanishing and reappearing. With all this exchange of space occurring so frequently; it’s not the socks that are disappearing, it is the space they occupy. Just an illusion then, when the space is restored the sock reappears. The missing ships and aircraft “lost” to the Bermuda Triangle – not actually missing!


The situation as it stands is, it would seem my collection now resides in (on) the cloud. But despite considerable monkeying around, I haven’t yet been able to upload them to my social media page (as I was previously able to do through the “other” space guys)

So maybe now that I have secured myself an expanded space for my stuff – I might have to wait for the right sequence of space exchange, in order to retrieve it or display it?

I was going to write a written account of the afore mentioned walking tour;  however, it will have to wait as, it would appear at the moment, I’ve run out of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment