Tuesday 21 August 2018

Greater than Flesh Alone


Oh Holiest 
Divine Mother
Long after
Your image
Seared upon 
My flesh
Has been
Returned
To the clay
Wence it came
You will 
Remain 
Upon my heart

I thank you
For the lessons
Received
In the midst
Of 
Self-inflicted
Suffering

How far reaching
And complete
The example
Of
Your compassion's
Embrace

May those 
That stake
A monopoly
In your name
Come to 
Live 
The Unconditional Love
You embody

Many are lost
Their actions
Not those 
Of 
Self-Love 
Nor Forgiveness
Association
In name only
Not evidence
of 
A heart's assimilation

A branded flesh
Does not
Embody Love
It is seen
In the care
For the flesh
And that 
Rendered
Through limbs
Inspired
By 
The echo
Of your Love
Still 
Reverberating
For those 
That will listen

May the doors
Of my heart
Swing open
Bidding 
You welcome
That I 
Might abide
In your Love

R. O'Neill (August 21, 2018) 



No comments:

Post a Comment