Tuesday 21 November 2017

Unspoken Covenant


Speak not
Nary a whisper
Dare not utter
A word
It would be
Your damnation

No!
"They" absolutely
Will not understand
In fact 
If even from
Under your breath
You reveal 
You..
Expect to be
Crucified!

You are safe
Right here!
I will 
Protect you

Alone?
In the dark?
Isolated?

It is necessary!
Outside
There is nobody
To be trusted
Stay here
With me
I will keep 
Safe!

You know
As do I
of your 
Flaws, defects & transgressions
I see you 
I understand you
Word one 
Of any of this
Outside these
Hallowed walls
Will bring 
Hatred & condemnation
Upon you 
The likes of which
Will destroy you
Remain here
Safe with me

We 
Have been together
Now for many 
Years
Have I ever 
Lied to you?
Trust me
This is for 
Your own good...


I am your Shame!

R. O'Neill (November 22, 2017)




No comments:

Post a Comment