Tuesday 27 March 2018

Liberation



I shudder with recognition
To realize that
The life-long trail 
Of abandonment & betrayal
Leads 
To my own address
The "smoking gun"
Emblazoned
With a mosaic
Of my fingerprints.

Rolling away 
The stone
That entombed my heart
A long seized gateway
Is swung open
To reveal
The garden

While kneeling
To pray
I wonder
Just how often 
Have I forsaken?
Whom has been left
To vanquish alone?
Their prayer request
Falling upon 
The deaf ears
Of my indifference 
And self-concern
How deep has
the betrayal run?

How complete its taint?
No alibi nor rationalization
Regardless of the sophistication
Of its composure
Absolves my compliance
Nor separates me
From the rabble

In terms of person acquaintance 
I have met none
That have "missed the mark"
Greater than I.

No confession nor indictment
Rather
The key to freedom
Extricated by the sword of Truth

My condemnation
Cannot hold a candle
To the forgiveness rendered
Nor the magnitude 
Of its Source

Grateful, humbled &
Eager to serve

The roaming Prodigal son
Locates
 Love, Forgiveness, God (Father/Mother)
Far closer to home
Than ever before
Imagined

Hallelujah!!

R. O'Neill (March 27, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment