Friday 29 November 2019

Orphan's Lamentation



Where 
Were you?

Before
Could 
Even
Begin to
Articulate

Became
Acquainted
With
The
Inescapable
Agony

Your absence
Dogged
My
Every step

The 
Specter
Imprinted
Upon
My soul
Languished
For
An unquenchable
Connection


Repressed
A
Silent
Scream
Until
Felt 
Nothing
But
An
Irrepressible 
Pain
Oozing
Through
The
Abyss
Of
Self-medicating

I've
Nothing
To 
Suggest
My 
Ship
Not
Only 
Sailed

But
Is
Lying
Cleaved
On
Desolate
Shore
From
Whence
There 
Is 
No
Tomorrow

All
Relating
Over-shadowed
With
Un-fulfilled
Yesterdays

I've
Opened
The 
Vault
Torrents
Of
Grief
Slash
At 
The 
Very
Fabric
Of my
Being

You
Were
Given
The 
Grace
Of
Death's 
Release

What
Form
Will
My
Closure
Take?

When 
I'm
Still
Left
With
The
Question...

Where were you? 

R. O'Neill (November 29, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment