Tuesday 30 August 2016

Ode to My Life

Honeymoon suites
Back alley's and streets
Spectacular victories
Soul-stomping defeats

Trippin' - the Beatles - enlighten - long hair
Kid wants for nothing - though does anyone care?
School days - why then am I not cool days?
Fuck it - I'll stay in a weed haze!

Who am I and what in the world will I do
Perhaps the answer  found in Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll stew
Jack Daniels, Jim Bean and John Barleycorn by my side
Another day on the dirt ball - waiting for the relief that I've died

Prideful, misguided and utterly lost
By that time - nary a line, I've not crossed
Scoffed at the "reaper" - no habit for giving
Flirting daily with death - while terrorized, of true living

I decided not "swift" enough - I'll bow from the race
Convinced once I'm gone -there would be, not a trace
Guidance born of despair - suggested a complete about face
I screamed to the heavens - the answer rendered, was Grace

I'm no sage or a guru, master or saint
The longer I search - the more I find that - just ain't
I'm free from my past - gone all, sordid taint
 Gift of a blank canvas upon - which I'm now, able to paint

Some truth I found in, Pride cometh - before, a great fall
Still it's taken every twist and turn - to make me my all
I now know it's not over, no matter - how high the wall
You can soar to great heights - even beginning from a crawl

I do not espouse - holier than thou - being in fashion
The choices I've made - were the seeds of compassion
Instead seeking those places - in my heart - where love's rationed
 Embers of reverence for life - fanned into roaring flames, laced in passion

There's no way to articulate - my path as the way
Paths round the mountain - a virtual buffet
I would suggest - your heart - has something to say
If like mine - was allowed - to be castaway

My story's of no use - if kept deep inside
From there it serves no one - shared hope then denied
When darkness, despair and confusion all collide
I'm living proof - there's a way out - I now hope, verified.
















No comments:

Post a Comment