Friday 23 December 2016

Traveller's Stew

This may prove to be an interesting blog post. Not necessarily, because I have suddenly been imbued with the capacity to convey the realm of the profound. This is the first post since my arrival in Slovenia. I have now been nearly twenty four hours in the country. I'm a currently staying with a friend in Ljubljana. Upon logging into the blogging platform, I notice all the menu links and tabs are in Slovenian! I don't have a comprehensive knowledge of the system in general terms and I have never had occasion, to change the language. So far, this is the only language anomaly I have encounter (online) - which is fortunate, as I don't know why this particular technical transformation has occurred; nor do I know how to change it.  I think I have enough recall of the position of some of the "buttons" I more commonly use, in order to function.

Just another example, albeit a rather benign one, of the experience expanding opportunities, of travel. Beginning tomorrow evening, I will be in a workshop for six days. Though no two are ever the same in terms of personal, nor collective experience; if some of my previous experience comes to pass, I likely won't be writing to the blog again until after the workshop is over. So then, assuming this post actually makes it online - the variance in visual appearance of the blog word processor, may be said to be, a non-issue.

While I appreciate the gift it is to be able to express in multiple languages, it is not currently my reality. That in combination with for example, though as I sit and write this now, it is 1:30 p.m. (local time) while meanwhile, "in a galaxy far ... far.... away" (Vancouver Island) it's 4:30 a.m. which is more in keeping with what my body is attuned to. I immediately adjusted my watch as I transitioned through various time zones. Once there, I would try and find a happy medium between what time a day it was and "listening to my body" so that I could generally get acclimatized. I suppose working the varying shift times back home, might make that process less abrupt. However, with respect to day/night here, I was still tired and energetic at will (not mine).

All these variances make for some interesting perceptual experiences. Those moving sidewalks in the airports are perceptually deceptive.  For me it was like looking at one of those animated optical illusion youtube clips - it presented as challenging; making stepping on in correspondence to the visual of the moving track bed.

I just stayed put at the terminal (London South Gatwick) I had a hotel there, to conceivably relax before the next flight, which is less than 24 hours after my arrival.  After checking in and freshening up, I sat at one of the airport lounges (Cafe Nero) that served coffee that at the time, was nectar of the Gods. While I sipped that, I indulged in some "fly on the wall" people watching (and listening). Certainly no one needed to be concerned about whether I was "eaves-dropping," as noted above  in my spoken language disclosure. Meanwhile I was surrounded by this international cacophony.

The next thing I observed was a couple members of airport security?  They had "Police" on the back of their shirts -  I don't know whether they were part of the regular force - assigned to the airport or specifically airport security. They were just strolling along "shooting the breeze." I wasn't inclined to approach them with my transplanted curiosity. After a double take on my part, I realized these two were each carrying, a rather menacing looking, submachine-gun. This was in addition to, amply equipped "utility belts" - they looked a little like Star Wars "storm-troopers" - except for the fact that this was real. I'm not dismissing the courage and responsibility, potential risk or dedication these individuals carry - just recognizing that for me, this imagery is atypical and therefore surreal.

As I pick up on the blog post, as I had speculated earlier, multiple days have elapsed since beginning this writing. The workshop has completed which is to say I and we, no longer physically occupy the seats of the circle. Participants have dispersed and I imagine, for each (through what is true for me) the "workshop" is in no way "over."

 Now back in Ljubljana (after 6 days in Murska Sobota) I now have expanded opportunity, to both experience my current environment through a self in flux and have a self reflected through my surroundings.

"Love is in the air," I cannot dismiss my own contribution to this, as I embrace the splendour of my own heart, enthralled in the shear delight of exploration. As much or more, it is the people of Slovenia that I perceive, provide the foundational experience of this love. Warm hearted, passionate  giving people; I am held in awe, humility and a state of unending inspiration. The vibrance of the city feeds my own appetite for adventure. Of course I have the present luxury of being "foot loose and fancy free" but even still, the contrast between the sleepy hamlet I call home and my current surroundings is stark. This is not about good or bad. I'm not about the creation of "10 best cities..... for ......... lists) it's just not my lens. More so, I am expressing a recognition that I am in the midst of making real, a more personal sense of "home" as not being defined by my address. I'm not talking about "Hallmark" sentiments about homes and hearts.... those are great, as far as they go (probably more so, for some bottom line somewhere).

I'm talking about my actual heart.... and the living, breathing, real time experience, of residing there! I'm not sure that I'm the one to divulge any groundbreaking revelations about the heart. However, I'm infinitely qualified to attempt to describe the experience of the evolution and revolution of my own heart. If my life journey is a kiln, learning institution and training ground, for the expansion of my heart; then Slovenia, is a full immersion transformational incubator of love, that is the catalyst for quantum leaps of healing and nourishment for the soul.

I would count my blessings to have the good fortune to be here, except I may not be able to count that high and I'd rather be out there continuing the experience.

My sense is I enjoy to be written through. I am offered through time spent honouring this connection a particular path to contentment. While I believe in upholding the sanctity of my sacred practices; I now must consider a need to observe the furtherance of the ceremony of diversity.

Which is to say - my butt must leave the comfort of this chair and once again venture out. Any moment now, there is an exchange of blessings about to occur. I have my part to play & I don't want to miss out!!






No comments:

Post a Comment