Friday 6 January 2017

Chaos Considered

What then can be said, of the embrace of chaos?
Attempts to contain it
Fruitless, as trying to lasso the tide
I will not claim to define
The chaos of another
I'm powerless over it's occurrence
Form or duration
Mine is absolute,
Power over,
How I manage myself,
In the face of chaos.
I define it's onset
I will choose the time of respite
I determine
The sanctity of my vessel
And at what point
The maelstrom shifts,
From teacher to abuser
It is mine to navigate
The tempest of the open sea
To the harbour's safe oasis
Peace within chaos
Is my intended destination
For those that seek
The familiarity of chaos
I will not join you there
My purpose
Upon entering
The house ablaze
Is not to join you in the inferno
Though I acknowledge my eventual return to ash
I leave you to your chosen fate
To reckon within yourself
The invitation
Ushered on the wings of chaos
For your dismantling
Chaos asks:
Do you know the way
To the eye of the storm?
The flames of chaos
Can forge a mighty blade
Seek then,
To visit a short while,
With no illusion of residing.
The distinction
Between building up
And tearing down
Is a matter of degrees


No comments:

Post a Comment