Sunday 15 January 2017

Pursuing versus Succumbing to (The Divine)

The all-powerful omnipotent "Google," informs me that it is 7,061km from Victoria where I have a flat, some additional stuff and there could be some random mail accumulating; to where I'm currently residing Derry, Northern Ireland. Oh sure I'm taking liberties with what it is to reside. But for all the fuss and bother given to the idea of a "fixed address" - if you stop and think about it, the address is fixed, I'm not currently fixed, within it. I don't think I can reside anywhere, other than where I am, therefore today, I reside in Derry.

Now having said that, if one was to try and reach me, through "snail mail" - good chance I'll be residing elsewhere, before the letter arrives. Of course I know, there would come a time, when the fluidity of this current reality, would be subject to the influences of Immigration laws (domestic and international) - so while I'm enjoying this sense of expansiveness; I consider deeply that any future manifestation of "living arrangement" might well take on, a more varied form.

The relative distance from the one address, to where I currently find myself, was brought in as a contextual benchmark. Clearly, I have come some distance to be here (which most certainly includes an "as within, as without" element). At the same time, I'm considering such things as "time," financial resources etc. as they might be allowed to influence my "itinerary," by which I mean for example, such ideas as: I've come all this way and spent "all this money" and I need to go here and see this, and do that........

This incidentally isn't the "software" being allowed to run the show....

Doesn't that just drain ya, even reading it..... the point is, it does me! So as I have mentioned, in other posts, I don't have a "carved in stone" itinerary and the day this post began (with a considerable more "active" day in between) and much the same today... I don't feel compelled to go, do or see anything..... I could, I might.... but I would feel absolutely no sense of loss; if I were to instead, honour a deep soul-quenching ahhhhhhhhhhhh...... by relaxing in my hotel room (doing some of the things I love to do) a little reading, a little writing and some random eating and sleeping.....

Ya mean you went all the way to Ireland to take a nap????? 

Well, not specifically! However, while there are times upon avenues of "personal growth" and/or travel experiences, when most certainly, I will "push the envelope" and seek some living experiences, outside "my box." There are also other times, when an act of self-love and soul-nourishing focus (for me) is to release the need to be "doing," and get on with some quality "being," which for me sometimes takes the form of the most delicious extra nap time!! (as well as the reading/writing etc.) It doesn't actually matter, if I'm on the other side of the planet (from where I habitually existed) there are times when my cup is ringing out a resounding "running on empty......." and just like one of those "Crystal bowls;" as the mallet/wand is brought more deliberately to bare on the rim of the bowl ,so it rings out more emphatically it's song .. so it is with my "empty bowl.." Though the similarities would end there. The increasing resonance of my "empty bowl" would not provide a healing or regenerative medium within which to relax or meditate. The longer it is ignored the more "ratty" it's presence is apt to become.

At that point, actually ideally, before that point is reached; it is up to me to, "replenish the bowl." (Emphasis on: "up to me.") It's not someone else's "fault," if when I'm reaching this state and they would like to "get together," or have a request of me; and I then make something other than the empty bowl - my priority. They simply made a request or suggestion - if I gave a yes, when I needed to say no, thanks... but this time.... no thanks (could even say, I hope you will, or please, invite me again....) I would love to get together and........ but right now: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have "more time" in Ireland...... I will have more time in Ireland again (this will most certainly not be my last trip here......)

Think of it this way... how exotic is the imagery, of having access to a room/flat/space in some distant land, within which to "retreat" and write or paint or........

Imagine if I had ..... such an opportunity.......

wait a minute.....

I do!

It just so happens that - I find equal measures of inspiration, prosperity and even the divine ... in a good nap..... Anytime..... Anywhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment