Friday 21 September 2018

Transformed by the Song that Stays the Same



How barren 
And utterly bereft
The terrain
Of my soul
Remained
Languished winds
Echoed through
The abyss
Hungering 
For your Love

Through 
The darkness of
Night
I stumble
In search
For the Living water
Guided on
By 
An indomitable thirst
That will be
Singularly quenched
By your Love

An invitation
Issues outward
Like the carillon's peal
It finds the mark
Deep within
One wavering voice
Joins with
Adjunct desolate souls 

Songs of exaltation 
Simple cyclical chants
Tear heart's doors 
Asunder
I becomes we 
As all sing
Of your Love

Candles burning
Souls a stirring
Harmony & heart
Become 
Heaven a far
Spirit soars
While I 
Bath
In your Love

Begone the ramparts
That I have
Now once again
Supped upon
The river
At source
May I 
Never again
Suffer
The pangs
Of disconnection
That I may
Continue 
To serve
As a channel
For the song
That is 
Your Love


R. O'Neill (September 21, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment