Tuesday 11 April 2017

Will You Believe in Magic?

I absolutely love the feeling of being aligned (that which some might call "in the flow or the "zone"); magic and synchronicity, just continually show up which is in a word, delightful!

I experience much of such flow when I'm traveling, however not infrequently,  any day, out & about can produce the same. Seems to me, a necessary element, is to just allow some freedom in the day, to "let it happen." Even if you have only a window between "non-negotiables" on your to-do list, give yourself the gift of freedom,

I have heard/read discussions; about the more frequent absence and importance of for children, "unstructured time." Whether this applies universally or not is not for me to say; however, I'm going to say it's equally important for this, adult. The rest of you can conduct the experiment and decide for yourself.

The magic began this a.m. when I was sitting at home with coffee and filling out a mail-in ballot for the upcoming Provincial election. I'm going traveling again and will miss both the election day and the early polls. Some research allowed me to discover; one could register for and receive a package for the purpose of mailing in your vote. It arrived a while ago (registered mail) and I just had to wait until today (first day to be designated as a valid vote, through this process. I skimmed the directions as I went along - completed ballot, inside this envelope, inside this envelope, verify this, sign that.....

I was just about to seal it all into the final envelope, when "something;" told me to look again at the one line I left blank. Good thing I did (well presuming I wanted my vote not to be disqualified). I had initially interpreted some reference to "witness" as something necessary in a "parent or guardian" scenario. Then that something told me further, "that can't be right;" if the individual is old enough to vote, they don't require a "co-signer." Turns out, the process was asking that (in this case) I, have someone "witness" my signing; verifying I was the registered voter, designated therein. The far shorter story is - yes I am. Now, who's going to witness this?

My intention had been to complete this and somewhere along the way, as I walked to the gym; drop it in the mail. I didn't want to give up on the early workout and I wanted this voting matter attended to.
As I sat finishing my coffee; it occurred to me to bring the ballot package along with me, and get this particular women that works at the recreation centre, to witness my signature. Well that's that then!

I arrived at the centre and there was no one at the counter, so while swiping my card and exchanging a convivial greeting, I floated my proposed favour request - which was granted (no questions asked). Well, that's not entirely true, the centre employee (whose name happens to be "Grace..") was more interested in my pending travel, than any concern for lending her signature to my credibility.

I have been going to the centre now for approaching nine years. Various rhythms and attendance consistency, would describe history there. I met Grace right at the beginning of my membership. She has lived up to her name ever since. We don't converse anything like every time I go, for one thing I go whenever it fits in any given day. Even if only able to exchange a smile, wave and hello - it is invariably an uplifting experience (for me anyway). In eight years I have processed plenty... and sometimes the gym figures in as part of the strategy. Not only has this earth angel and her smile been a light on a day; that might well have been eclipsed by some personal funk.. the otherwise casual nature of the ongoing relating - netted a willingness to witness this process.   The other thing was, though this "idea" occurred to me before I left home, I actually had no idea, that she would be on shift.

My further adventures occurred this same day, once I had finished at the gym and had come into town for some other pre-trip errands. Once my "to-dos" were completed, I had in mind to do some writing. It occurred to me I wanted to go to a different coffee shop than one I frequent in the city centre. As I was walking down the street the entrance to this particular alley beckoned. There are an assortment of funky shops within. I was further drawn to go into one of the shops.

I was shooting the breeze with the women working there, as much as anything, because there were only the two of us in this tiny little shop - so even if I were in a; "I'd be happy to be ignored" frame of mind, it probably wouldn't happen. I roamed in the store, browsing with curiosity over the assorted wares. What was I here for? Not a store I've spent much time in - but I'm here now. Then I saw it..... in a basket filled with various hearted-shaped stones. Some I recognized .. "Tiger's eye," "Rose Quartz" but it was this mottled green and earth toned one, that caught my eye. The answer to my query; "Unakite." Hmm... I'm marginally more "in the know" now - I have a name. Still, I've never heard of it and therefore lack insight into why I might be drawn to it.

Unakite balances the emotional and spiritual bodies, and provides gentle release of energetic blockages. It helps us to move on from outmoded beliefs from the past. Unakite can also be used for help with past-life regression therapy, and facilitates the understanding of previous events and their roles in the current incarnation.

A stone of vision, Unakite can open and activate the Third Eye Chakra to receive spiritual insights from higher realms.  

(A google search leads to the site "HealingCrystals") which offers these insights regarding "Unakite..") An apt stone to accompany me on my continued ancestral/spiritual exploration in Ireland which begins in two more days - maybe now!



The women gave me some "properties" that seemed relevant - which I promptly forgot along with the name as I wandered around the store some more. I compared the one I had to all the others of its type in the basket - no question this was the one. She then informed me it came with a recycled silk bag. I was attracted to one in the lot another combination of earthy tones - but it had a hole in it. She indicated there was another basket elsewhere in the shop; if I didn't see any I liked, in the first one. I went and fetched the second basket, and there was one and one only, of the same material as the first one I had been drawn to.

I thanked her ... she wished me well on my trip and I carried on down the alley. I had thought I would be directly on to the coffee shop now. Alas, it was not to be. A couple of store fronts further along - I glanced in the window and a book cover catches my eye - "Sacred Paths for Modern Man - A Wake up call From Your 12 Archetypes." A title you might say, that is for me, like a tailored suit! ("Men's work" is something I see in my future without having a clear notion of what that looks like).

The clincher for the acquisition of this book was the "cover art" - "The Green Man" suffice to say I have some history with this dude (maybe more than I can even imagine). I recently had an image of that very presence, tattooed on the side of my leg. I will be going in tomorrow to have it completed.

When I got into the coffee shop it was quite busy. I looked down the length of the shop and saw that there was an empty spot down the far end. I got my coffee and as I was laying claim to my writing roost - depositing my day-pack; I looked up on the wall above the table, there mounted is a plaster/ceramic bear's head. I've either never noticed it before or it's new. Either way, bear is "my spirit animal" - so it's seems only fitting, that I be sitting under it's watchful eye and energy, while I write this very piece.

I've read various versions of the statement - "Those that don't believe in Magic - will never find it..."

So then.... never mind "I'll believe it - when I see it...." instead: I'll see it when I believe it.

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment