Monday 8 January 2018

You're On!


What are you waiting for
Did you suppose
I would come
Searching for you?

That I would
Somehow elicit 
Zeal 
From your
Habituated stasis..

A burning bush
Cannot appear
Where there doesn't
Exist 
A poised  & kindled inferno 

What will it take
To break through
Your inertia?
Summon your faith
To move
The mountain
That is you...

Pray tell 
Why?
Would you seek
Somewhere 
Outside yourself
for 
"In"- spiration

I may fan 
The flames
Untold 
Fuel sources
May present
But not until
&
While it is you
That must 
Build the fire

It is you
That must court me
Spend less energy
Hoisting another hero
Instead conjure
Within yourself
Veracity, Enthusiasm, Creative obsession

The seeds 
Of an infinite harvest
Lie as dormant potential
At your feet
You have not
Been forsaken
You deny
Your very destiny... 

R.  O'Neill (January  08, 2017)





2 comments:

  1. WOW! I Am beyond words right now! This touches me deeply. Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful indeed. May I ask what the inspiration for this is? As it seems to me anyhow it is as if it is Source/God speaking to each of us ~💜💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete