Tuesday 30 October 2018

Considerata




Attention:
All would be
Gurus

(Spoiler Alert)

I don't need
A Guru....


Just the same
How might I
Construct 
My 
Shortlist?

Well to
Begin with...

If it's
"Your way
or
The highway.."

Well then 
The answer
Is 
"No way.."

I need to release
Such dogmatic
Thinking
(yours or mine)

You've 
Positioned
Yourself
As champion
For one 
Of humanity's
"Underdogs"

Now 
YOU go about
Your way
Asserting 
Your scathing
Self-righteousness 
Toward all 
You deem
As "not getting it..."

I'd be interested 
To know
How you feel
When you consider
That you continue 
To fail 
Humanity

How you
Attain
Deliverance
From
Fears relating to
Your
Personal irrelevance

You gather
The throngs
With eloquence
And 
Retread platitudes
How do 
These tenets
Work in your life?

If you have
Come 
To embody them
Consistently
How did you 
Get there?
If not realized
What does it
Look like
When you
Fail - Absolutely

I can't follow 
An 
Invisible lead
Don't tell me
Show me

I may have
 compassion
For your perceived
"Power"
But 
Don't expect me 
To bow 
To
Your illusion

If you require
My being subordinate 
It will 
Neither serve
The higher good 
For you
Or

If 
My questions
Threaten to
Destabilize 
Your foundation....

I perceive 
You've built 
Your house 
Upon sand...

Don't tell me
To 
"Be open"
Show me
Your vulnerability

I'll deny you
The pedestal
Which 
May spare you
The fall

Of course
I can't
Do anything
About 
Your hoisting 
Yourself there

No
I don't 
"Need to"
See you fall
I'm aware
Of 
My "shortcomings"

I simple
Don't accept 
To be true
Your 
Self-assessment 
And presentation
Of 
Infallibility

It is
Useful
For me
To have 
Mirrored
That which 
Remains 
Hidden
From 
My own eyes

If instead
You 
See fit
To Exploit
What you 
Witness

It's
Debatable
Whether you 
Serve yourself
But 
You certainly 
Don't serve
Me!

I can
Acknowledge
The formidability
Of your
Intellectual prowesses 

If it affords you
A full night's
Sleep
I'm 
Happy for you!

I pray 
That it never
Fails you!

In the meantime
Your fortress 
Nor its 
Altar within
Will offer
Me 
Nothing
In the way
Of refuge

Even if
I were born
To possess
Such 
Mental acuity  
Knowing it
To be
The weaver
Of 
Pending catastrophe...

A greater
Intellect
Will only
Conjure
A more 
Sophisticated
Saga of fear

I expect
That
You're cosmology/theology
Belief system
Fatalism
Be it
What may....

Would operate
Without 
The need 
For my
Adherence

To the degree
You require
My enrolment
Would I see
What you 
Profess
As being 
Flawed

Point 
At the folly
Of
The peaks
And valleys
Of my life
As evidential
Of your
Impeccability 

And I would
Suggest
You 
Attempt 
To discredit
The lessons
Inherent 
In my 
Fall

Who offers
The richer
Perspective
They that
Never once
Stepped
From upon
The "straight & narrow"

Or they
That
Having 
Strayed
So entirely
From it's confines

That they lived
In terror 
Of the consequences

Or that 
Realizing it's merits
Would never live 
to see it again?

I seek
An unshakable
Trust
In
A living truth
Within myself

As attractive
As the veneer 
Might appear
In any given
Shop window

Most certainly
When 
"It" hits the fan
The shopkeeper
Will be
Rendered unavailable

I pray
To anything
That will listen
That 
In that moment
I have 
Fostered
The tools
Within

To initiate
The extraction
From my
Self-created
Suffering

I wish 
The same for 
You!

R. O'Neill (Oct. 30, 2018)




No comments:

Post a Comment