Wednesday 20 December 2017

I am....



Disposable society
You sought to 
Exile 
The best of me
In boxes
Of your design:

Religious
Gender
Political
Socio-economic
Ethnic
Philosophical
Medical

When my walk
Is then complete
You would 
Presume to exploit
Those 
Left behind
With one 
Last box 
To house 
My rotting flesh

Enough!!
There remains
No further cheek 
To turn..

A divine 
Soul-summoned rage
Fuels girded-loins
Nothing to defend

Upon life's 
Stage 
An orchestrated scene
Set 
 To incite..
Not anger 
To be "managed"
But 
To release
The righteous unapologetic declaration
Of a birthright

The battalion
Does not exist
That will 
Deflect 
A soul-guided trajectory
Nor silence a voice
Embraced in passion's flame

Legislation, protocols, dogmas
 All ways, shapes & forms
Must pale 
And bow to 
The divine 
Guidance
Of self-definition

I seek
To align within
The fortitude 
Of my own "Haka"
The honour of 
The Samurai
The irrepressible fury
Of 
The "Berserkers"

The assimilation
Ends here.

R. O'Neill (December 20, 2017)











No comments:

Post a Comment