Tuesday 20 June 2017

Not on the Map - But Love the View...

"Many of us find that we have squandered our own creative energies by investing disproportionately in the lives, hopes, dreams and plans of others. Their lives have obscured and detoured our own. As we consolidate a core through our withdrawal process, we become more able to articulate our own boundaries, dreams and authentic goals. Our personal flexibility increases while our malleability to the whims of others decreases. We experience a heightened sense of autonomy and possibility" - Julia Cameron - The Artist's Way

As the last post indicated, I am in possession once again, of a copy of this book. Will then, all musing and focus be derived from this perspective? It most certainly will have an effect, while at the same time, I don't anticipate specifically, direct reference to the book becoming my exclusive focus.

Having said that it's entirely possible that elements of the book may well find their way into an expanded creativity dance on & off the page.

Is this the sort of undertaking one undergoes while "traveling?" Well, in the spirit of creativity, this "one" does. Or, so goes the intention. I suppose it could be relegated to a "winter project" - short, darkened days and long nights - highly conducive to hibernation, reflection and introspection.

But what if the "juice"is calling for attention & extraction,  now? On the verge of the summer solstice  while traveling (albeit at the present I've "landed" in Derry, Northern Ireland) is this the time to undergo such a process?

Yes.

I feel it calling me even while, I'm already in the process, of refining my first book manuscript and as such, it could be argued, I'm not in need of "creativity recovery." That "project" is underway - I suppose that it may well present further opportunity for creative decisions which can be addressed as they arise. Though a significant undertaking in & of itself - it might be thought of as only one or a handful of, spokes on a greater wheel.  I don't see this current travel scenario as "taking a break from my life." This is my life! Unquestionably seeds that I have planted in the past have germinated and I am reaping the harvest. I'm not looking to resume "business as usual" - this may well represent creativitie's "finest hour" where I'm concerned. As such, any process that might deepen and expand my connection to the Creator/Creation/Creativity I see as being beneficial.

I'm seeking creatively, to create to a greater degree, the application of creativity, while walking step by step, into the life, I'm currently creating & will create.

I'm open to and expect miracles (of all forms, shapes and manifestations) - I also acknowledge my responsibility for participation in the generation of said miracles; or at the very least the allowing for their occurrence.

So then, there are seasons external and internal.  Seasons within seasons. Season specific to particular situations. One could be harvesting from one field, cultivating/planting another, while another still, is being allowed to lie fallow.

I'm not sure that my writing will yield any form of "how to manual" - there are innumerable authors for whom this comprises some of their life work.  I don't see my gift in the distillation and dispensing of formulaic approaches. I'm not discounting them or dismissing their value.

Mine is more a disclosure of an ongoing mix of where I was, then what happened, & here's what's going on now. To some degree I'm honouring the seasons within myself and the source that sustains them, while developing the unique expression of it's nature. If others find these writings, resonant, inspiring, instructive - Wonderful!

Experience and hope. One the incubator/crucible of the other. Which as I consider it, enjoy a relationship of reciprocity. I don't advocate anyone - do what I have done.  I don't consider myself "a beacon of hope" as much as I would claim a want, to become one of it's, most ardent advocates.

Interestingly, when I read the quote included at the beginning of this post - it had struck a chord which I considered would be the trajectory of this day's passage. Absent is what might have otherwise been, a scrutiny and analysis of the text.

Perhaps instead, it's essence was allowed a voice - nuanced in "seasons," "reasons", experience & hope.

Today's lesson: a creative intention might well be better seen, as an intention, to be with creativity. Collaborator rather than dictator.

Class dismissed - Rob - get outside and get some fresh air & exercise!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment