Thursday 31 August 2017

Heart Gallery


Have you ever considered 
A walking tour 
of 
Your own heart?

I'm sharing mine
From the perspective
Of 
An art gallery

You are free 
To utilize
This same window
Imagine 
through a different lens
Or not at all

I marvel once inside
As I now see
The origins 
of my awe
When blessed to witness 
Rainbows 
Splashed across 
The horizons

To be sure 
A glorious vision
However in truth
A vast projection of 
The mosaic 
Woven throughout 
The chambers of my heart

The corridors are replete 
With the full spectral magnificence 
Which have been transformed
There, they are in various
Stages of transmutation 
Having been subject
To a divine alchemy 

This is an exhibition
Doubling 
As an unrivalled palette.

For a life 

That requires
Endless application
Of creativity
Be applied 
To an endless stream
Of blank canvas

My realization 
Upon my inaugural visit 
Along with a good hoovering
Regular return visits 
Were most definitely warranted

You see the thing is
Once inside 
It is my own 
Sistine Chapel
The kicker is 
Without stepping in 
The ongoing narration
Gets 
Further & further
Removed

From the glorious truth
Of chamber after chamber
Of the most 
Breathtaking majesty
Spun from 
Peacock inspired 
Kaleidoscope rendered
Life soaked pyro-technics

Seize the opportunity 
I implore you
Do not allow 
The passage of another moment
That your heart remain
Unexamined 

If you choose 
My suggested lens
Don't be surprised 
With what you find there 
"This isn't at all 
How it was described???"

I cannot begin 
To anticipate 
The decor 
In your gallery

I can assure you
I will create the most 
Profound silence
While you tell me
What you found there...
If you so choose

You never know 
I might be inspired
By what you share

To do a little redecorating 
Of my own!!


R. O'Neill (August  31, 2017)







No comments:

Post a Comment