Monday 29 February 2016

Winter Repose

Frustration, apathy, pain that doesn’t quit
What started, as introspection seems a never-ending pit?
That at this age still losing is difficult to admit
Heard there’s freedom in surrender – o.k. I hereby submit

If my soul’s here on a mission – it keeps the cards close against its chest
Instead of certain clarity – life’s been a convoluted quest
The profound lack of purpose at times leaves me feeling defeated and depressed
In silent screams I plead with God – at least could you suggest? !!!!!!!

At one time I sought the answer with all forms of drugs and booze
Though never found the answer there  - through the haze I was given clues
Each time I awaken further from an extended unconscious snooze
I realize that I’m being led - by an inner all-loving muse

No longer dwelling in the past – continually reliving
I now foster love of self - beginning by forgiving
Seek guidance from my higher self - for principles of living
Focusing on, all in my life – that gives cause to my thanksgiving



No comments:

Post a Comment