Monday 29 February 2016

Trees for Life

On a stifling hot night without so much as a breeze

Though grateful for the nice weather – a bit cooler would please

I’m filled with a reverence that brings me down to my knees

From where I thank the Creator for providing us with trees



Not my intention to mount a one -man crusade

Though trees rather than concrete I’d willingly trade

Unchecked development Mother earth is betrayed

Not just about aesthetics – beneath a tree love that shade



Think you disproportionate the fuss – why should we really care

For one thing the trees provide your every breath with its air

If their limbs were arms they might now signal with a flare

Perhaps on their behalf I will offer a prayer



We humans need gain humility – in the world gain right size

Will take seeing with hearts not just looking with eyes

Consider profiteers stories and expose the lies

Inaction will most certainly usher in our demise.







No comments:

Post a Comment