Sunday 28 February 2016

Journey to Forgiveness

It’s said the apple falls not - far from the, tree
I can’t know, you chose to run - rather than, to know me
Each movie is known - its name - upon the marquee
For me more like a ship - set adrift - upon the, high sea

I’ve never walked a mile with the need, to wear - your boots
Have your reasons held up – that you chose to deny me my roots?
Not enough to plant the seed – must nurture the shoots
You were not there to taste the flavour of the fruits

I was denied the benefit – to, walk beside
Guided through rites of passage - with love and pride
From boy to man – where were you - to provide
The examples of virtue – that I might take them – all in stride

Must from my heart cast the burden - can carry it no more
Restore the temple, I’m coming home - clean it room, closet, & drawer
Denounce the victim – no longer serves - show him the door
That my power & divine path – the Creator can now – restore

I may never know you – still I strip my hand - of your, glove
The road I’ve chosen though less travelled requires - I rise above
Though throughout my life - I’ve imagined from the highest cliff - you I’d shove
The time has come for me to let go - offer you forgiveness & love.

The cord with which I bound us – I offer to Great Spirits - knife
I now own all that I have created – including pain & strife
I now align myself with a universe – possibilities rife
Farewell my father – I love you & I thank you for my life











No comments:

Post a Comment