Monday 29 February 2016

To Be Heard

Sure you say you are listening - but do you really hear
It involves - so much more - than just lending, an ear
I don’t need a hero - to suddenly appear
Remember it’s my life – you don’t get to steer

I’m actually not broken – there is no need to fix
It won’t help - if it feels to me - like I’m talking to some bricks
I don’t need you to tell me - that I’ve had a few tough licks
Much better compassion and presence – combined in the perfect mix

Don’t want to feel as though – that where I’m at is wrong
Please do not give me - a great long dance and song
Can we just get real – I’m really tired - of trying, to look strong
I long for connection and to feel that I belong

Won’t help if it seems to me – I’ve been brought before a judge
Or if it becomes apparent that from your opinions you won’t budge
I’ll know if what I share – touches your old grudge
I need a sacred witness on the path - not someone to reinforce the trudge

We each have our inner guidance – so from advice can then abstain
Can you just be there with me - to silently hold space, for my pain?
To know my needs are recognized  - a heart connection we will sustain
Then instead of separated – we join as links of the same chain















No comments:

Post a Comment