Monday 29 February 2016

Voice from Within

Thought it time – that within me
A voice long trapped would be set free
Given an inch it took a mile
From deep within – a heartfelt smile

Said I won’t settle for being just heard
Music will join with written word
I’ve waited for this all along
You write – and give voice to me in song

Is there not – some other way?
The thought leaves me – with feet of clay
Are you sure I’m the right guy?
This seems to me more like pie in the sky!

Never have I written – a song
What if I try & get it wrong?
Just start – you ‘ll see before too long
As with a bell ding followed by dong

First steps you must now take with trust
What if I am reduced to dust?
I see you’re inclined to fear the worst
Were this to happen – you’d be the first

Alright I get now what you mean
In my life’s movie – now a new scene
Let go of stories – start on a blank screen
Send packing inner drama queen


No comments:

Post a Comment