Sunday 28 February 2016

Follow or Lead?

If there were a second coming – would we know you?
Your word’s been twisted round more than one-way
Once you see the mess the world’s in when you get here
I wonder if you’d even want to stay?

So many claim they know your teachings clearly
First casualty is truth – we all pay dearly
Lust for power blinds our leaders so severely
Is faith enough even if at times not felt sincerely?

Did you know a movement was spawned that bares your name?
Outside their circle point their finger – looking to blame
Message of love thy neighbor somewhere got lost
Both planet and humanity pay the cost

The light of God throughout your message brightly shone
History seems to show we didn’t get it once you were gone
They say it’s always darkest just before the dawn
Is there anyone left to pick up your baton?

Perhaps what I see is merely the image of my reflection
Therefore, within reveals - where I might find direction
If I ask would you be available for occasional connection?
It occurs to me that while I live, I might need resurrection.













No comments:

Post a Comment