Sunday 28 February 2016

Go Within

Heard for a life of joy one should “follow their bliss”
When life was examined felt as though something’s amiss
If I create my reality, where was I - remiss?
Did I sellout my soul with a Judas-like kiss?

If life decisions are made strictly to appease human pride
Heart’s passion ignored – delayed – set aside
Smiling on the outside - but crying inside
It’s a sure ticket to committing soul-suicide.

I should be grateful for work so the truth I denied
To continue the ruse to myself I just lied
I kept playing the game to look good from the outside
But like “American Pie” my own music had died

Began getting present to where my heart was leaning
A quest underway to discover a life with more meaning
Found inner world needed a – thorough housecleaning
Dirty was the lens - that for my vision was screening

Upon the pole of truth - my flag I’ll hoist
Champion for my heart – give it a voice
Fully embrace - power of choice
In response to life- in service rejoice.



No comments:

Post a Comment