Sunday 28 February 2016

Reflections at Midlife

Its said true life funnier than fiction
When examined close such contradiction
Only natural to want to avoid friction
Don’t look now-  a new addiction

If I lived life - from my sweet spot
I’d receive from myself – forget me not
I’d search my heart then take a shot
For love nor money I’d not be bought

A cultured lot taught how to behave
Our thoughts bombarded on what we should crave
Is there no escape but retreat to a cave?
I am both key and lock for myself the slave

Must be the change I’ve heard it said
The mirror reflects a stranger instead
So many choices made to avoid dread
Welcome back lost self with each tear that’s shed

For head it’s this – for soul – no way!
Should, ought to, must – or so says they
Neither black nor white – well then how ‘bout grey?
There’s only now – means must know today!

That’s it I will – stop my head spinning
No longer do you confirm I’m winning
Never too late for a new beginning
Who cares now that I learned this - my hair’s thinning?


No comments:

Post a Comment