Sunday 28 February 2016

Higher Education

Rationality and logic comprised my altar
Worshipped for so long - then began to falter
Previously self image “Rock of Gibraltar”
From out of nowhere fear became my halter

Nothing required but power of mind
Solutions to – all problems find
Gut feelings, emotion, much maligned
I’d later learn that I was blind

I thought I’d left all pain behind
Denial & distraction were combined
A time would come life to remind
Soul had a lesson to be assigned

Infatuation with the brain
Though continued effort – could not sustain
The catalyst deep-seated pain
Became that which would cleave the chain

The mind of course remains a tool
Then life itself became the school
Pain examined would yet yield a jewel
Follow Spirit now becomes the rule

This tale that I have now related
May be by many hotly debated
No difference to me for I’m elated

To pursue the reason I was created

No comments:

Post a Comment