Monday 29 February 2016

Turn it Over

You are the power – I am the plough
The fields of my mind are ripe for you now
With your hand to guide me - straight will be the row
Raise my thoughts to yours with each seed that I sow

Lost in the darkness when nothing seems right
The brightest of days – filled with the blackness of night
Not nearly as certain – I’m quivering with fright
Will you guide me – upon my path - won’t you be my light?

Rough waters have dashed me against the rock - overwhelm
I’m thoroughly convinced I want you at the helm
I call out to the heavens through a silent scream
To the Creator of all before I run out of steam

I agreed to this journey and then forgot the course
I’ve tried ever since with my will to force
That my thoughts are truth I must begin to divorce
Instead seek the silence and the voice of my source


No comments:

Post a Comment