Sunday 28 February 2016

Neo-Yule

Tis the Night before the Night before Christmas – I think that’s about right
Seems it will be wet and green – though we’ll keep dreamin’ about white
Could get caught up in the frenzy – buying everything in sight
Or perhaps become mindful – Yuletide “tradition” meet rewrite

I’ve bought in – in my past – I have to confess
Keep up with the Joneses – even take on their stress
Got so far from my center – no longer knew my address
Is this part and parcel – of what overall’s called success?

Stockings down from the chimney and back on my feet
Christmas no longer a blood sport – with the need to compete
Insanity defined by - didn’t work before - but I think I”ll repeat
You know what – I’m not responsible for that retailer’s balance sheet!

How did Christmas become for so many a plight?
Mail delivery in January leaves many trembling in fright
I wonder, could it be different - an altered course I invite
Quietly search your heart – and find your own Silent Night



No comments:

Post a Comment