Sunday 28 February 2016

Please Release Me

So long have I had lived life –  at half steam
A slap received – woke from the dream
Outside of self – all problems did seem
Felt just like – swimming up the stream

All or nothing – lived in the extreme
Attempted all means - to quell the silent scream
Knew not of centered – or on the beam?
A slithering serpents belly like my self-esteem

I began to search for truth – supreme
It was then realized - a common theme
To be happy, in fact, to really live
One first need learn – how to forgive

They hurt me – let them off the hook?
Was urged to take a second look
Forgiveness not for them you see
Once done, suffering would end for me.

Be done with anger & silent scorn
Self-pity, lack, the path well worn
Martyr, victim, self so forlorn

Love of self – at last can now be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment