Monday 29 February 2016

Show Me the Way

While sitting pondering life from upon my chair
Saw myself walking a lane - called who knows where?
Breathing laboured inhaling air thick with despair
Faceless passersby none who seem to care

How are you? – Keeping busy? - Hear them all drone
Four walls close in reinforcing I’m alone
Pay monthly just to have a phone
Number on call display from someone unknown

If each to another gives a reflection
Why are there no thanks – instead rejection?
If it’s neurotic delusion to expect perfection
What does it take - to maintain connection?

There’s no feeling like when one’s first smitten?
Once over - remain shy, to prevent again being bitten?
Never mind who wrote – has the book of love been written?
 I’ve had the success of threading a needle - wearing a mitten

I suppose all’s not lost – once again take pause
Another round of introspection – search for hidden flaws
Perhaps in the meantime - I’ll champion some new cause
Until safe to go back in the water – no wait that line came from the movie “Jaws!”


No comments:

Post a Comment