Sunday 28 February 2016

Get Real

From a bill of goods, the source unknown
I realized now, must be out-grown
Instead I’ll follow Spirits plan
To ensure the birth of the “Real Man”

To long I followed a cultural role
Has resulted in a bankrupt soul
Guided by Spirit, is now the goal
Heal wounds, get real, to become whole

Integrity was sadly lacking
Control of ego to be – sent packing
The measure “to myself be true”
Instead of consulting – the Who’s who

Glossy magazines on – the store shelf
Have become the measure of ones self
External standards will lead one astray
Empty inside total dismay

Once the illusions all have come unraveled
I looked more serious at the road less traveled
So what then now determines the man?

Seek first, once found, live out God’s plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment