Sunday 28 February 2016

Defeat Led Victory

Must be moving forward – I’m no longer where I have been
Not yet time for curtains fall – upon center stage - a brand new scene
Infinite field of possibility – create from a slate that ‘s been, wiped clean
Specters of the past need silencing – but first they must be seen.

Too long lived a life – upon a self-centered one way street
Kept digging – until the bottom was found – with a shovel called conceit
Lived in a self made prison – on the corner of self delusion and deceit
Don’t live in castle’s in the sky they say – I had the penthouse suite

Lived with wreckless abandon – bolstered pride – thought death I – could cheat
Was sure I could walk on water – forgetting - I had feet - made of concrete
Upon path of self-destruction – was sure - soon my maker - I would meet
Alas suffering never ending – would not cease until admitting - my defeat

Perhaps enter the river - instead of watching - from the shore
Let go of plan – and see instead – what Spirit - has in store
Pray for key of willingness – to open soul’s - locked door
View from cliffs edge – can’t compare - to – trust, then jump and soar









No comments:

Post a Comment